- One board
- 23 Opportunity Cards
- 23 Setback Cards
- 46 Discussion Cards
You will also need dice and participant tokens or counters
Instructions for use (face to face)
- Set up the board.
- Place Opportunity and Setback Cards where indicated on the board
- Sort the Discussion Cards into the different colours and place around the outside of the board.
- Each participant selects a token and rolls two dice to begin.
- The first participant to throw a double starts. This is to demonstrate that taking that first step on the journey can be difficult.
- Roll two dice again and move the number of spaces indicated by the dice.
- If a participant lands on a Discussion Square (squares with a coloured border), they should take a Discussion Card of the same colour and read it out to everyone. Please discuss the contents of the card with the other participants. As a team discuss what actions you would take to support that person. Share different approaches to the scenario.
- Squares with a black border that are not Opportunity or Setback Squares are neutral and no cards are drawn if a participant lands on these.
- If a participant lands on an Opportunities or Setback square, they should take an Opportunities or Setback card, read it to the other participants in the group and follow the instructions on the card. If a participant is asked to go back or forward a number of spaces, they should not take a card from the next square they land on.
- Each participant takes their turn clockwise from the first participant.