Friday 28 April 2017 09:30 – 16:00
To raise awareness of learning disabilities, learning difficulties and cognitive impairments which may be experienced by people with multiple and complex needs.
- Understand the difference between learning disability, learning difficulty + cognitive impairment
- Understand key diagnoses within these categories
- Identify potential signs + symptoms
- Understand the key components of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and how to work within the act
- Understand good practice guidance
- Identify support and services available
Who should attend?
- WY-FI Navigators
- WY-FI Peer Mentors
- Front-facing staff working with people with multiple needs
This course is free to attend.
The course will take place in the Training Room at the WY-FI Project Hub Office, 45a Park Square East, Leeds LS1 2NP. The office is located 8 minutes walk from Leeds railway station. There is a walking map here
This venue is not fully accessible. If you have any special requirements, please contact Roger Abbott by email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we can make alternative arrangements.
If you have any questions or queries about this training, please contact Roger Abbott by email email@example.com or telephone Roger on 0113 887 0045
Book your place
Please click on this link which will take you to Eventbrite to book your place. The booking deadline is 12 noon on Tuesday 25 April 2017.