This course aims to provide delegates with an introduction to complex trauma and its physiological and psychological impact. It provides information and an opportunity to reflect on how your service can be a safe and empowering environment for staff and service users.
Participants will also be given some practical resources for working in a trauma-informed way and will learn to recognize vicarious/secondary trauma within themselves and how to overcome it.
What will we cover?
- An introduction to complex trauma and its effect on attachment and the brain
- An introduction to Trauma Informed Care and practical tips on supporting clients to regulate emotion, manage behavior and risks and creating safe and empowering services
- An opportunity for you to reflect on your practice in relation to the above
- Vicarious trauma and looking after yourself
The course will be delivered by colleagues at Homeless Link. Full information about the day and topics covered are here. DO NOT BOOK A PLACE VIA HOMELESS LINK
Who should attend?
- WY-FI Navigators
- WY-FI Peer Mentors
- Front-line staff working with people who have multiple needs
The training will be delivered by Kate Moralee, Head of Business Development at Homeless Link
This course is free to attend.
The course will take place in the Training Room at the WY-FI Project Hub Office, 45a Park Square East, Leeds LS1 2NP. The office is located 8 minutes walk from Leeds railway station. There is a walking map here
This venue is not fully accessible. If you have any special requirements, please contact Roger Abbott by email email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can make alternative arrangements.
Book your place
Please click on this link which will take you to Eventbrite to book your place. The booking deadline is 5pm on Monday 30 January 2017.
If you have any questions or queries about this training, please contact Roger Abbott by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Roger on 07885 806 114