WY-FI Annual Learning Event: Impact, Influence and Change
September 26 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Impact, Influence and Change
20:20 a perfect vision
The West Yorkshire Finding Independence (WY-FI) Project is part of the national lottery funded Fulfilling Lives programme. The Fulfilling Lives programme includes 12 projects across the country. WY-FI is the largest of the projects, covering 5 Local Authority areas and working with the highest number of beneficiaries. WY-FI supports some of the most severely disadvantaged people in the country and as part of our work we gather evidence to influence system change.
The WY-FI Annual Event 2018 will focus on the different facets of learning and knowledge gathered over the last four years in order to establish a legacy. The areas of success we will share at the event include:
- Improved outcomes for individuals
- Navigator model
- Cost effectiveness to the public purse
- Multi-agency working
- Multi-agency Review Boards
- Housing First model
- Employment and education pathways, including peer mentoring and training
- Workforce development
These will be underpinned by our system change priorities:
- Embedding co-production
- Person-centred approach
- Multi-agency working
For more information about current findings please visit www.wy-fi.org.uk
Speakers at the event will include:
- Chris Bill, Policy Manager at Homeless Link
- Prof David Best, Sheffield Hallam University
- Mark Burns-Williamson, Police and Crime Commissioner
More speakers will be announced nearer the time!
There will be several information sessions at the event including:
- Multi-agency working and Multi-Agency Review Boards
- Housing First – Leeds
- Person-centred approach and the value of Peer Mentoring
- Network led evaluation of dual diagnosis in Calderdale
- Embedding coproduction/VLEW
- Impact on wider community
- Cost benefit analysis
- Workforce development evaluation
Who should attend?
- West Yorkshire commissioners of services for people experiencing homelessness, addiction, re-offending and/or mental ill health
- West Yorkshire service providers for people experiencing homelessness, addiction, re-offending and/or mental ill health
- West Yorkshire MPs with an interest in homelessness, addiction, re-offending and/or mental ill health
The conference is free to attend.
The conference will take place at Leeds Civic Hall, Calverley Street, Leeds LS1 1UR.
Leeds Civic Hall is a fully accessible venue based 10 minutes walk from Leeds railway station. There is a walking map here.
Book your place
Places are limited.
Please click on this link which will take you to Eventbrite to book your place. The booking deadline is 5pm on Tuesday 18 September 2018.
If you have any questions or queries about the conference, please contact Cat Thomas by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Cat on 0113 887 0053.
You can sign up to receive the WY-FI Project to your inbox here.