- This event has passed.
September 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Multi-Agency Practice Development Groups
The WY-FI Project has five Multi-Agency Practice Development Groups (PDGs) in each of the West Yorkshire localities – Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Kirklees and Calderdale.
PDGs are collaborative groups that engage in reflective practice and networking, with the aim of understanding and linking up services and developing trusted ways of working together.
Who can attend PDGs?
Front-facing staff from organisations who support, or have contact with people experiencing multiple needs, are all welcome.
How do I book a place?
If you’re interested in attending a PDG, please contact Roger Abbott, WY-FI Workforce Development and Learning Coordinator:
Telephone: 0113 887 0045
Mobile: 07885 806 114
Who facilitates the groups?
The groups are facilitated by Roger Abbott, WY-FI’s Workforce Development and Learning Coordinator
What are the aims of the group?
With a focus on people experiencing multiple needs, the aims of the group are to develop practice by:
- Improving confidence and skills in working with challenging individuals
- To understand each other’s work
- To share good practice
- To support each other to overcome specific difficulties
- To identify any gaps or barriers in services, and
- To improve the service user experience of services
What topics are discussed?
- Attachment and dependency
- Vicarious trauma
- The role of Peer Mentors
- Critical health conditions
- No recourse to public funds
- Abusive relationships
We’re learning that:
- PDGs are really useful for problem-solving, peer support and sharing best practice
- Successful PDGs require senior managers to actively promote them
- The role of Navigators is considered critical by the wider workforce
- We encourage PDG participants to go back to their respective organisations and share their learning and experiences.
- Feedback from PDG Participants
“Nice to know we’re in the same boat!”
“Good to learn about each other’s roles”
“I feel re-energised”